$1,000 cash grant for kids’ business ideas
Applications are open now for local children aged 6–14 years
In May 2023 we’re awarding our first ever cash grant for kids. The $1,000 no-strings-attached grant is for a child aged 6–14 years in the Newcastle area with a new business idea they’d like to start or a venture that’s already up and running. Early ideas, big ideas and little ideas are all welcome.
Awesome Newcastle is hosting and funding the event together with our friends at Kid Biz Academy. Kid Biz Academy won the Awesome Newcastle February 2023 grant. We started talking right away about a joint event to bring our collective expertise, spirit and funding to kids in the Newcastle area. So here we are.
Apply below, applications close 25 April.
Pitch night for finalists
- Time: 5–7pm, Wednesday 3 May. Arrive at 4.45pm to start at 5pm sharp
- Location: Persona Communications, 1/45 The Avenue, Maryville NSW 2293
- Format: Finalists will have up to 3 minutes (2 minutes recommended) to pitch their idea or venture to the Awesome Newcastle board. Each finalist is welcome to bring up to four guests, including their parent/guardian. No slides, just an optional microphone. We recommend checking our FAQs for some brief info on what to say. The 10-person board will ask some questions after each pitch, then vote individually to determine the winner. The winner receives $1,000 cash, no strings attached. We’re used to seeing first-time pitches and it’s a warm and friendly vibe. Everyone’s welcome.
- Tuesday 11 April – Applications open
- Wednesday 25 April – Applications close
- Friday 27 April – Finalists invited to pitch
- Wednesday 3 May – Pitch night! (finalists only)
About Awesome Newcastle: Awesome Newcastle gives $1,000 monthly grants to help community projects and ventures in Newcastle. Since 2015 we’ve given over $70,000 in cash grants, with no strings attached, funded from the board members’ own pockets. About us
About Kidz Biz Academy: Kid Biz Academy nurtures and empowers entrepreneurial kids through workshops and incursions. Fostering an entrepreneurial mindset in our kids is one of the most valuable things we can do. About Kid Biz Academy