What should I do if I can’t make it to a board meeting?
This is a group with commitments, and we get it. There’ll be times when you just can’t make it. If this is the case, please let us know by the Monday before the board meeting and we’ll arrange an extra guest to take your place for the month. We have an amazing list of people waiting to be guests and you can feel good about giving someone else a chance.
Great! I’m a finalist, what do I need to do on the night?
You’ll have 3 minutes to get everyone excited about your idea – the board will have no prior knowledge of your idea, so keep it short, sharp and informative! Here are some pointers:
1. Don’t apologise for having notes and do speak loudly and with confidence
2. Do a quick introduction on you – 15 sec
3. Do tell us the why you are doing this – 30 sec
4. Do tell us where you are up to and what you will do next – 60 sec
5. Do tell us how you will use money – 45 sec
6. Do close and recap – 15 sec
7. Don’t follow lists!! This is only a guideline.
We’ll all share a drink and get to know you, it will just be a relaxed affair. After the pitches, the board will vote and the winner will get $1,000 cash.
What should I do if I can’t make it to a finalist presentation?
Finalists need to be there to present and accept the money. If you can’t make it please let us know – we’ll notify another finalist and we’ll consider you for a future funding round. To help you plan, finalist presentations take place at our monthly board meeting on the last Thursday of every month.
Can I re-apply if I’m not successful?
There’s no need to. All previous applicants are considered for future rounds. Too easy!